Compensation: Starts at $13.00, TBD depending on experience
Employment type: part-time, potential for full time
Warehouse employees needed! An exciting opportunity to join our growing team at our award-winning, family owned retail store. As one of the largest independent Pet and Feed supply retailers in Placer County, we're looking for the right individuals who enjoy working in a fast-paced, animal loving, customer service-oriented environment.
You will help load customer products such as hay, shavings & feed. This is a very physically demanding job! It requires moving heavy bales of hay for extended periods of time. The person filling this position must be hardworking, reliable and have good customer service skills. They must be capable of working independently and as part of our energetic team.
Basic Job Requirements Included (but not limited to):
- Must be 18 yrs or older (for forklift certification)
- Physically able to lift objects weighing up to 130lbs. multiple times per day
- Physically able to work in weather temperatures over 100 degrees
- Physically able to move and transfer merchandise throughout the store, warehouse, and yard for 2-4 hours continuously without breaks
- Able to work around large amounts of hay, dust and dirt daily
- Read, write and count accurately
- Squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders
- Work varied hours, days, nights, and weekends as business dictates
- Stand and walk for long periods of time often up to four hours straight without a break
- Communicate effectively with team members and customers
- Access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, warehouse and register area
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Assist in keeping warehouse organized and inventory accurate
- Load customer purchases such as hay, shavings, sack feed etc.
- Help to keep store shelving cleaned & stocked
- Move stock/goods using forklift in warehouse
- Maintain and inspect equipment on a regular basis
- Keep warehouse and surrounding grounds clean and tidy
- Ability to move merchandise with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (hand cart, forklift etc.)
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders
- Ability to easily lift and move merchandise weighing 50 pounds, throughout the store & warehouse
- Assist delivery drivers by pre-loading delivery trucks with hay, shavings, sack feeds and more
- Unload, inspect, check-in and stock warehouse and yard merchandise utilizing established procedures.
Other Knowledge, Skills Or Abilities desired:
- Farming, ranching, pet/equine knowledge is desired
- Forklift experience desired