Customer Service Representative / Retail Sales Associate
Compensation: Starts at $12.00, TBD depending on experience
Employment type: part-time, potentially full time
An exciting opportunity to join our growing team at our award-winning, family owned retail store. As one of the largest independent pet feed & supply retailers in Placer County, we're looking for the right individuals who enjoy working in a fast-paced, animal loving, customer service-oriented environment.
Knowledge of general pet & equine nutrition and care are desired but not required.
Basic Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Greeting customers in professional and friendly manner
• Assisting customers with questions about products
• Basic cleaning and duties such as vacuuming, dusting, mopping, sweeping, etc.
• Stocking and fronting shelves
• Putting away orders of veterinary supplies, tack, pet supplies, pet food, etc.
• Basic cash-handling
• Up-selling and sales-type duties
• Provide excellent customer service
• Answer phones
• Make out-going calls to customers and vendors
• Taking and scheduling delivery orders
Basic Job Requirements Include (but are not limited to):
• Friendly, professional attitude
• Professional appearance
• Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs., bend, stoop and climb
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Able to count correctly, write legibly and follow instructions
• Able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, co-workers and management
• Able to work varied hours, weekends and holidays (excluding Christmas and Thanksgiving)
• Comfortable speaking to customers in person and on the phone